Two Minute Drill: Seven Safety Tips
What’s up Kaizenovators, happy Tuesday Two Minute Drill! Maybe happy is not the operative word because today what we are going to be talking about is being safe. This week’s two-minute drill is in honor of Dwayne Haskins.
Today I am wearing number seven in the Ohio State, scarlet and gray, to honor him. This weekend, Dwayne Haskins was hit by a dump truck while being pulled over on the side of a highway in Florida. I felt that it was important to share some of my thoughts about being safe.
So here they are, Seven of my top safety tips to keep yourself safe.
- Safety tip #1: Stay the f*** off your phone while you’re driving.
- Safety tip #2: Make sure that before you get out of your vehicle, you check your rear-view mirror and your side mirror to make sure that nothing is coming your way that can cause you harm.
- Safety tip #3: Pay attention to not just the car in front of you, but what’s happening up ahead so that you can be prepared for what happens in front of you.
- Safety tip #4: Even though you’ve got a green light, you always should take a quick glance to the right and to the left and make sure that nobody is running a red light.
- Safety tip #5: If you get a flat tire and you’re on the highway, do whatever you can to get off the highway and onto a side road, because guess what? Rims can be replaced, but your life can’t.
- Safety tip #6: If you’re on a scooter or a bike follow the street signs and the signals, otherwise you could end up roadkill.
- Safety tip #7: When you’re at an intersection, you’re waiting at the curb, do me a favor, just stay 10, 12, 15 feet away from the actual street because these cars that are driving by, they could lose control, they could get hit by another car and they could kill you or your pet or the kids that are in your stroller.
So, stay away from the curb!
There you have it – all seven of my top safety tips to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
I’ll see y’all next week. Be safe.